Welcome to the AOTrauma Davos Courses 2018
Davos Courses 2018—a remarkable learning and networking experience.
Don't miss this AO Foundation flagship from December 2-12, 2018.
Join AOTrauma at the AO Foundation Davos Courses 2018. Take advantage of this excellent opportunity to learn from our international faculty, share your experiences, reconnect with friends and colleagues, and further expand your network. Davos is where tradition goes hand-in-hand with the latest and cutting-edge knowledge in the field of trauma and orthopedics.
Highlights of this year's AOTrauma Davos Courses
- Extended time spent in the anatomical specimens laboratory
We offer a range of courses which include half-day practical exercises in the anatomical lab.
- Innovations: Masters Course—Current Concepts
The innovative master-level Current Concept Courses (CCC) follow an ambitious conceptual format and have met with great success. Our chairpersons strive constantly to include the newest innovations.
- Knee Injuries and Deformities
This course addresses problems that frequently pose a challenge or controversy in the management of knee disorders. The primary goal is to understand the knee as an organ, constituted by multiple specialized tissues that interact to promote optimal function. The concept is to integrate existing knowledge in the areas of both orthopedic trauma and joint reconstruction to determine solutions for patient care.
- Tips from the Masters—Difficult Cases through the Eyes of Master Surgeons
A highlight of the 2018 courses! 11 of the most experienced AOTrauma master surgeons are going to take the participants on “mini-fellowships”. Each instructor presents a difficult trauma scenario that requires in-depth investigation, planning, operative intervention and rehabilitation. Live every step with the preceptor who presents his philosophy in regards to addressing difficult trauma cases.
- Specialty course on the highest level
Foot and Ankle
A faculty of world experts will cover key concepts and techniques on how to recognize, characterize and treat complex injuries and deformities of the foot and ankle. The AO Principles, the latest techniques, and up-to-date evidence will be incorporated into the course, guiding participants in developing the knowledge and skills needed to treat these injuries and improve patient outcomes.
- Expanded AO Spirit events
Following the great success of the already well-established AO Spirit events, we are pleased to announce that these sportive, social & cultural, and academic side events are offered again in 2018! The events take place between the end of the academic day and dinner time.
- Networking opportunities
There will be opportunities to expand your circle of friends and colleagues at networking events after the courses every day.
During the two Davos Courses weeks, AOTrauma will be offering the following 13 courses for you to choose from:
- AOTrauma Course—Basic Principles of Fracture Management
- AOTrauma Course—Advanced Principles of Fracture Management
- AOTrauma Course—Advanced Principles of Fracture Management for Swiss Surgeons
- AOTrauma Course—Foot and Ankle
- AOTrauma Course—Managing Pediatric Musculoskeletal Injuries
- AOTrauma Masters Course—Current Concepts—Hand and Wrist
- AOTrauma Masters Course—Current Concepts—Knee Injuries and Deformities
- AOTrauma Masters Course—Current Concepts—Lower Extremity I (Proximal Femur/Tibial Pilon/Tibial Plateau)
- AOTrauma Masters Course-Current Concepts—Lower Extremity II
(Distal Femur and Patella/Complex Shaft/Malleolar)
- AOTrauma Masters Course—Current Concepts—Upper Extremity
- AOTrauma Masters Course—Current Concepts—Tips from the Masters
- AOTrauma Masters-Kurs (German)
- AOTrauma Course—Basic Principles of Fracture Management for Swiss Surgeons
- AOTrauma/AORecon Course—Comprehensive Periprosthetic Fracture Management of the Hip and Knee (Fracture Fixation and Revision Arthroplasty)