Welcome to the AO Trauma Davos Courses 2019
Davos Courses 2019—a remarkable learning and networking experience.
Don't miss this AO Foundation flagship educational event December 1-12, 2019.
Join AO Trauma at the AO Foundation Davos Courses 2019. Take advantage of this excellent opportunity to learn from our international faculty, share your experiences, reconnect with friends and colleagues, and further expand your network. Davos is where tradition goes hand-in-hand with the latest and cutting-edge knowledge in the field of trauma and orthopedics.
Highlights of this year's AO Trauma Davos Courses
- Extended time spent in the anatomical specimens laboratory
We offer a range of courses which include half-day practical exercises in the anatomical lab.
- Innovations: Masters Course—Current Concepts
The innovative master-level Current Concept Courses (CCC) follow an ambitious conceptual format and have met with great success. Our chairpersons strive constantly to include the newest innovations.
- Tips from the Masters—Difficult Cases through the Eyes of Master Surgeons
A highlight of the 2019 courses: 11 of the most experienced AO Trauma master surgeons are going to take the participants on "mini-fellowships." Each instructor presents a difficult trauma scenario that requires in-depth investigation, planning, operative intervention and rehabilitation. Live every step with the preceptor who presents his philosophy in regards to addressing difficult trauma cases.
- Specialty course at the highest level
Pelvic and Acetabulur Fractures
A faculty of world experts will cover key concepts and techniques on how to recognize, characterize and treat complex injuries of the Pelvis and Acetabulum. The AO Principles, the latest techniques, and up-to-date evidence will be incorporated into the course, guiding participants in developing the knowledge and skills needed to treat these injuries and improve patient outcomes.
- Expanded "AO spirit" events
Following the great success of the already well-established "AO spirit" events, we are pleased to announce that these sporting, social, cultural, and academic events will be offered again in 2019. The events take place between the end of the academic day and dinner.
- Networking opportunities
There will be opportunities to expand your circle of friends and colleagues at networking events after the courses every day.
During the two Davos Courses weeks, AO Trauma will be offering the following 9 courses for you to choose from:
- AO Trauma Course—Basic Principles of Fracture Management
- AO Trauma Course—Advanced Principles of Fracture Management
- AO Trauma Course—Advanced Principles of Fracture Management for Swiss Surgeons
- AO Trauma Course—Pelvic and Acetabular Fracture Management
- AO Trauma Masters Course—Current Concepts—Upper Extremity I (Scapula/Clavicle/Humerus)
- AO Trauma Masters Course—Current Concepts—Upper Extremity II (Elbow/Forearm/Distal Radius/Hand)
- AO Trauma Masters Course—Current Concepts—Lower Extremity I (Proximal Femur/Tibial Pilon/Tibial Plateau)
- AO Trauma Masters Course-Current Concepts—Lower Extremity II
(Distal Femur and Patella/Complex Shaft/Malleolar)
- AO Trauma Masters Course—Current Concepts—Tips from the Masters
- AO Trauma / AO Recon Course—Comprehensive Periprosthetic Fracture Management of the Hip and Knee (Fracture Fixation and Revision Arthroplasty)