AO Spine Online Course — Adult Deformity
The adult deformity course is one of five online AO Spine educational events offered this year for the AO Davos Courses. The first part of the event, with self-directed online learning (at your own pace), will cover the fundamentals and theory of the course and will take 6 weeks, with 3–4 hours per week of online learning. The second part will be the synchronous, live event from December 3–6, requiring 3 hours per day. The synchronous, live event will include
- Live case discussions
- Interactive exercises/demonstrations
- Prerecorded videos with real patients and video sequences shared online for discussion
Why you should attend this course and how it can benefit your daily practice
This course is a unique opportunity to discuss hot topics of adult deformity pathology with key opinion leaders. The course will be carefully prepared, focusing on up-to-date knowledge regarding selection of ideal patients and surgical strategies in order to foster improved clinical outcomes.
What this course offers?
The Adult Deformity educational event is an interactive course based on academic literature and case-based discussion. This educational event is prepared to develop planning strategies for challenging cases. Discussion topics will cover the preparation of fragile patients, adequate clinical and radiological evaluation, current surgical strategies and the best evidence of how to avoid and manage possible complications.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Analyze the concordance between the clinical symptom and radiological findings: pain originating from spine and non-spine sources.
• Identify surgical candidates and optimize their comorbidities and bone quality.
• Recognize the classifications, protocols, and guidelines on adult deformity and apply them to the decision-making processes for treatment.
• List the surgical alternatives in treatment and discuss their advantages and disadvantages.
• Define the prevention and management of complications.
Download the course program a PDF here.
Nonmembers: CHF 1'110
Member: CHF 965.70
Share this course with your colleagues!