Cervical Spine Degenerative
The cervical degenerative course is one of six courses offered this year for the AO Davos Courses for Spine. It is also the only course that will be held in Davos in person. The other five courses will be purely online educational events.
Why you should attend this course and how it could benefit your daily practice?
Cervical degenerative pathologies continue to persist despite advances in preventive healthcare. Management of these issues can be challenging and complicated. With detailed understanding of anatomy, operative techniques, and how to utilize available tools, successful and safe outcomes can be achieved.
What does this course offer?
This four-day course will explore cervical degenerative pathologies from the occipital-cervical junction to the cervico-thoracic junction. Case-based discussions will explore aspects of assessment, planning, surgical techniques, and complication management. Experienced AO Spine faculty will serve as facilitators for the group discussions, which will be further augmented with hands-on skills labs to practice and implement surgical techniques.
This course is targeted at surgeons with more than five years experience in spinal management and with a special interest in improving their knowledge and skills in treating degenerative diseases in the cervical spine.
- Compare various surgical treatment options for cervical myelopathy, discuss indications and timing, and review clinical case presentations supported by evidence-based lectures
- Evaluate different surgical alternatives for the management of degenerative cervical spinal diseases
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of motion preservation versus fusion based on current clinical results
- Recognize signs and symptoms of postoperative complications
- Discuss measures for prevention, intra- and postoperative management of adverse events
- Define the concepts of cervical sagittal balance, including current measurement methods and their clinical implications
- Recognize the peculiarities of cervical revision surgery and plan and perform operations accordingly
Nonmembers: CHF 2'600
Members: CHF 2'314
Share this course with your colleagues!