AO Spine Online Course — Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS) in Degenerative Spine Conditions and Spine Trauma
The MISS in degenerative spine conditions and spine trauma course is one of five online AO Spine educational events offered this year for the AO Davos Courses. The first part of the event, with self-directed online learning (at your own pace), will cover the fundamentals and theory of the course and will take 6 weeks, with 3–4 hours per week of online learning. The second part will be the synchronous, live event from December 3–6, requiring 3 hours per day. The synchronous, live event will include:
• Live case discussions
• Interactive exercises/demonstrations
• Prerecorded videos with real patients and video sequences shared online for discussion
This course will offer insight into the types of cases where microdecompression and percutaneous screws are most beneficial, and how the techniques can be applied. By attending the course, you will gain insight into the value of these techniques, be able to see where they apply within your practice, and understand strategies for application.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Describe the surgical anatomy for MISS.
• Define the indications and contraindications of MISS for spinal trauma.
• Determine the indications and contraindications of MISS for degenerative conditions.
• Recognize specific steps and precautions to minimize radiation exposure during the procedure.
• Outline the principles of spinal navigation and its use for minimally invasive spinal procedures.
• Identify and manage complications and apply backup plan.
Download the course program a PDF here.
Share this course with your colleagues!