Basic Principles of Fracture Management Essentails
The online version of the AO Trauma basic principles course provides participants the possibility to continue learning and training in the absence of face-to-face, on-site events. This online course does not replace the traditional face-to-face, on-site basic principles course but provides mainly the knowledge component of the curriculum. Participants are encouraged to attend the face-to-face, on-site course as a follow-up event to refresh their knowledge and add the skills component to their competencies.
The goal of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge component of the AO Trauma basic principles course.
This AO Trauma Course—Basic Principles of Fracture Management Essential is targeted at surgical trainees and also open to certified orthopedic and trauma surgeons who are interested in furthering their knowledge and skills in operative fracture management.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss the concepts of stability, their influence on bone healing, and how to apply implants to achieve appropriate stability.
- Plan a treatment based on assessment, imaging, classification, and decision-making.
- Apply reduction techniques in fracture management with attention to the importance of the soft-tissue.
- Use appropriate fixation techniques to treat diaphyseal and simple periarticular fractures.
- Identify and discuss the special problems related to:
- Fractures in the immature skeleton
- Pelvic injuries
- Osteoporotic fractures
- Postoperative infection
- Delayed union and/or nonunion
- Plan the initial treatment of the polytraumatized patient
Credit card payments are preferred.
Cancellation will be charged as follows: 50 percent until 30 days before the event, no refund thereafter.
If you cannot pay via credit card you can request an invoice. Please note that we will charge you a CHF 30 handling fee in addition to the participant fee.
Share this course with your colleges!