Masters Course—Fragility Fractures
This masters course addresses the latest techniques and best practices in operative fracture management to deal with complex orthopedic trauma problems. The course includes many case presentations and open group discussions moderated by experts in the field.
The goal of this course is to increase knowledge and decision making for managing difficult and complex cases of older adults with a fragility fracture. State-of-the-art techniques and approaches, best practices for treatment, and the management of complications will all be addressed at a high level.
Participants must have completed the AO Trauma basic principles and advanced principles courses. They must be actively involved in orthopedic trauma management and preferably have at least five years of post-residency experience in trauma surgery. Participants must be willing to share their ideas and be able to communicate well in English.
Upon completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Surgically treat fragility fractures with osteosynthesis or with arthroplasties as soon as possible using AO techniques and new techniques adapted to older adults.
- Recognize and address comorbidities and polypharmacy from the preoperative planning until postoperative follow-up.
- Describe the management of patients with fragility fractures with preexisting anticoagulation.
- Prevent, identify and treat complications such as delirium.
- Organize secondary fracture prevention.
- Describe and participate in an interdisciplinary team approach and interprofessional based on preestablished protocols.
- Describe how to obtain early restoration of the function of skeletal muscle, functionality, independence, and preinjury quality of life.
Credit card payments are preferred.
Cancellation will be charged as follows: 50 percent until 30 days before the event; no refund thereafter.
Participants should make sure they have cancellation insurance.
If you cannot pay via credit card you can request an invoice. Please note that we will charge you a CHF 30 handling fee in addition to the participant fee.
Share this course with your colleagues!